Join educational leaders and authors Harvey Silver and Cheryl Abla as they present practical instructional tools from the upcoming book, Tools for Classroom Instruction That Works (co-published by McREL, available December 2017). Aligned with McREL’s renowned Classroom Instruction That Works strategies and framework, this two-day academy will deliver an intensive learning, working, and planning session for classroom teachers, instructional coaches, teacher mentors, principals and assistant principals, and central office PD leaders.
This academy will help participants raise student achievement by focusing on crafting dynamic learning activities supported by the best research on effective instruction. Participants will gain valuable insights and practical tools for delivering engaging instruction that makes a difference in students’ learning.
Participants will learn and practice:
- McREL’s nine categories of instructional strategies
- Practical classroom tools and activities to increase student success
- Tools to help students develop understanding
- Strategies to help students extend and apply their knowledge
- Guidance for instructional coaches and principals
All participants will receive a personal copy of the book Tools for Classroom Instruction That Works, co-written and co-published by Thoughtful Classroom™ and McREL.
Follow academy hashtag: #T4CITW