American Indian Education: The Role of Tribal Education Departments
Susan Bachler, Zoe Barley, Louis Cicchinelli, Dawn Mackety
This study describes the roles and responsibilities, organization, and funding of Tribal Education Departments in the Central Region states.
Researchers found that Tribal Education Departments:
- Are responsible for educating their child and adult tribal members
- Are authorized by federal legislation but independently organized and supervised
- Provide programs and services, such as
- Parenting skills workshops
- Child advocacy
- Culturally training for teachers
- Federal grants administration
Mackety, D. M., Bachler, S., Barley, Z., & Cicchinelli, L. (2009) American Indian education: The role of Tribal Education Departments. Denver, CO: Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning.
Contact us for more information.
All fields are required
After clicking Submit, press the 'get this product' button again to download the PDF
After clicking "Submit", click the "Download" or "get this product" link again to view your product.
Email to a friend
Please fill in the following fields.