Our Power Walkthrough® professional development and software help turn your brief classroom walkthroughs into meaningful opportunities for coaching teachers to higher levels of performance and guiding staff development efforts.
Power Walkthrough software, based on McREL’s Classroom Instruction That Works, 2nd edition (CITW), can be loaded on your iPad®/iPhone®/iTouch®, Android™, or Tablet PC . McREL offers four training options for school leaders who purchase the software, designed to help school leaders gain a practical understanding of the CITW strategies, how they improve student learning, and how to identify their use in the classroom.
Request more information or schedule a demo
Administrators and Teachers
You will learn how to use our observation software to collect data on:
- The extent to which teachers use instructional strategies from Classroom Instruction That Works, 2nd edition
- The use of technology in the classroom and the level of student engagement
- The level of instructional rigor, as measured by Bloom’s Taxonomy
- The context of instruction (e.g., whole group, cooperative groups, pairs)
- The indicators of learning (e.g., peer teaching, simulating/modeling, student writing)
Our training options include:
- Video Training Package
- On location two-day workshop
- Two-day workshop in Denver, CO
- Three-day Train-the-Trainer seminar
Frequently asked questions
Gated Content Title
All fields are required
After clicking "Submit", click the "Download" link again to view.