The Balanced Leadership® program is based on McREL’s groundbreaking research on principal and superintendent behaviors and practices that lead to increased student achievement. We offer books, workshops, and consulting that help school and district leaders translate the research into results.
Teachers and Administrators
Balanced Leadership School Level
- The foundation of Balanced Leadership is the largest-ever analysis of research on effective school leaders, as reported in School Leadership That Works: From Research to Results
- Our Balanced Leadership School Level professional development sessions guide you in choosing the right focus for school improvement efforts; effectively leading changes in your school; and transforming your school culture into a “purposeful” community.
- We offer the Balanced Leadership Consortium for school leadership teams across a state, region, or district to provide intensive, ongoing professional development including 10, two-day sessions.
- McREL can provide Training of Trainer sessions to staff developers, enabling them to become certified providers of Balanced Leadership.
- McREL’s Balanced Leadership Profile® online self-assessment lets principals benchmark their leadership behaviors against 21 responsibilities of effective principals, collect feedback from staff members and supervisors, and access resources.
Balanced Leadership District Level
- Our district-level program is based on our comprehensive analysis of decades of research on effective district leadership, as reported in District Leadership That Works: Striking the Right Balance.
- The Foundation Series connects the research on district- and school-level leadership.
- The Framework Series examines the components of the Balanced Leadership Framework, incorporating leading theories and research.
- The Future Series is the capstone of the program, challenging participants to apply the knowledge, tools, and strategies they have learned.
Gated Content Title
All fields are required
After clicking "Submit", click the "Download" link again to view.