Changing Schools Magazine
McREL’s award-winning magazine explores the topics that matter most to educators with in-depth articles, research reviews, interviews with experts, and stories of success.
Read archived issues
Sign up to receive this free resource in the mail
Changing Schools vol. 72, Fall 2014
Coaching that makes a difference
How do we develop—not just hire, manage, and evaluate, but truly develop—the next generation of great teachers and school leaders? Throughout an educator’s career, it takes a combination of thoughtful, strategic training and coaching to fully realize his or her potential.
Download a PDF
Here’s a look at the articles in this issue:
- A new integrative approach to leadership coaching: McREL’s Jim Eck and Matt Seebaum write about a rigorous, systematic way to improve leadership at all levels.
- The importance of informal observations: McREL’s Andrew Kerr and Lisa Maxfield explain why it’s more important than ever for teachers to get feedback that truly helps them improve.
- Winning with coaching: Researchers and education leaders Bruce Joyce, David Hopkins, and Emily Calhoun give their insights on linking professional learning and peer coaching.
- Coaching helps reduce variability in growing district: Heather Hein tells the story of a Tennessee district that is successfully building the capacity of current and future leaders.
- Altering our mindset about teacher evaluation: McREL’s new CEO Bryan Goodwin and award-winning educator and author Pete Hall share thoughts on what truly motivates teachers to change and improve their practice.
Gated Content Title
All fields are required
After clicking "Submit", click the "Download" link again to view.